> I have a handful of live mixes where he uses the
> 909, and I find his style tends to be a little
> groovier than Hawtin's pounding approach to it.  I
> don't really have a preference though, both use it
> well from different angles.

I agree. Personally I find Mill's use to be a little more fluid and
rhythmically complex than Richie's use of the 909, which seems to be more
intense but sometimes gets a bit blocky and heavy handed for me. But isn't
that the way it usually is between those two? While both move from techno
precepts, one plays to the organic dancer while the other plays to the
rational, conceptual, element of the brain...my 2ยข, or should I say 3.5
Canadian