--- paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> jesus, if he's this worried why is he even djing.
> and for a 'dj' to even ask other people what they
> feel he should play,
> well.....

Come on, don't you think that's a bit harsh? We all
learn at our own pace, no? And the practicalities of
DJing often entail finding a way to work outside of
your normal parameters *if you want to get gigs*. Some
of us are less flexible on this point than others,
thus we DJ less often.

However, this whole discussion is better suited to
another list. Lots of people on this list don't DJ,
and don't care to read about it. I recommend
http://www.amtrakdjs.org  I've been on that list for a
while now. I find it's rewarding to share what I know,
and learn from my peers. None of us know it all when
it comes to gear or technique. This is a silly
conceit. You will find a few progressive/trance DJs on
this list, but the discussions are heavilly moderated
to prevent genre wars. I got to the list with all my
techno/313 conceits, and I've become a lot more
tollerant of all the trance DJs in the world since I
joined. Many of these folks are normal people with a
similar passion for music that we have. Perhaps we
disagree with their taste, and maybe for good reason,
but we are not "Right". Let's keep that in mind,
remember that these are mostly just people who love
music too, and try to treat everyone with a little
more decency than what we've seen here recently.

And could we please have just one discussion that
doesn't turn into an angry mob? Maybe we should talk
about that new Mills record? I liked what I heard of
it. The man keeps shifting and evolving. It's great.

Tristan