----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Clark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 11:24 PM
Subject: Re: [313] i have to dj and i'm scared.

> Anyway I thought it was a good question. I think that with a careful
> touch, you could blend our music well and maybe provide some real
> emotion to offset the blandness of hands-in-the-air trance. My first
> track would be the original Knights of the Jaguar. Then I would check
> out:
> -Red Planet (Stardancer, Ultra Violet Images, Sex in Zero Gravity, etc
> etc etc)
> -Derrick
> -Stacey
>
> Maybe drop 'Good Life' at the appropriate moment and watch the crowd go
> off.

Yeah, or the Ian Pooley's 'It's an Honour' remix of it, for a somewhat more
trance-acceptable feel (and still a very nice track IMO).

Great recommendations! I suppose the majority of the message is pretty
topical, isn't it? Stardancer is definitely your best bet, although not
'last 8 months new'. Fading the Edges by Claude Young on his Deta label
would make an interesting mix, particularly the track "Angels". I'm
convinced minimal techno can be mixed out of anything at the same tempo, so
hunt down the more recent Hood. His Technatural EP is still in the crate.
The Francois K remix of Kraftwerk's Expo 2000 would probably work nicely
towards the beginning of the set too. It has a couple of nice places to pull
off an abrupt transition.

You may also want to try and break up the tag team into every 2nd or 3rd
record, so you only have to worry about a few tracks to mix out of the
trance with.

Tristan
http://www.mp3.com/stations/313 <- Great music from around the globe
http://www.mp3.com/Frogbot <- My music