Okay...I need an explanation for using a T.S. Eliot quote to support pomo
ideology - or at least some kind of understanding of what discipline it is in
which you feel you can make the application that it does. While I understand
the sort of dialectical 'chain of events' which led to pomo theory in Lit.
Crit, Eliot himself basically WAS New Criticism - a subset of Formalism - and
is a far cry from things normally associated (e.g., post-structuralism, etc)
with pomo. Just looking for understanding here, not one-upsmanship. You can
hit me off list.
Oh - for that obligatory on topic tag, let me suggest that the scuttlebutt
about the new Rush Hour compilation is true. It's all that. Just got mine
today and 7 tracks in, this is just fine fine stuff with enough interesting
touches and influences to confuse category freaks. To my ears it works in
313, techno, IDM and maybe a few more.