> metro area 3 is an amazing record, no-one else out there is making music
> like morgan geist and his crew - definitely unique.

I have to pause and add my praise to the Metro Area project.  All
3 in this series I consider must-haves, and #3 probably being the
most unique yet.  The mix of live instrumentation, while often
(IMHO) tired and over-done by some cheesier deep house acts
(forever striving to "out-deepen" each other), works on a whole
different level with Metro Area. It's the spice, not the main
course. The live flute w/ heavy reverb is just the perfect
ingredient, you have to hear it to understand, but it's such a
great compliment to the funky, bulging electronic basslines and
electronic tom-tom beats. THis stuff can be mixed in a house set,
an italo/electro set, and of course with new funky techno too.
Metro Area 3 is one of the best domestics released in the US this
year.

PS - speaking of Italo, anyone else heard "Penguins Invasion" by
Scotch? or know where I can get a copy on wax?  This track is
incredible...

peace
--
Matt MacQueen  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>