If you're looking for that personal touch, I must speak up for my boys at
the Record Collector in Iowa City: http://www.recordcollectorinc.com  I've
been shopping there since I was in high school and the electronic music was
a few used Orb promo CDs for $4 ["what the hell is this???"], a My Life With
the Thrill Kill Cult cassette, and about 1 row of dance vinyl. This place is
responsible for the direction my life has taken - including love of house,
techno and financial ruin. Presently, they have a relatively new website
that may be a surprise to you if you haven't visited them in a while.

At any rate, you'll find a bunch of older stuff, a great selection of
non-electronic music if that's your thing, an exceedingly courteous and
helpful staff and quite possibly a few records you won't find anywhere else.
Most of the Detroit DJs who have passed through town have been unable to
avoid the inertial nexus of this sordid villa, usually escaping with most of
their earnings converted to vinyl (perhaps I'm exagerating a bit). :)
Anyway, give 'em a shot. You won't be dissapointed. In the unlikely event
you're ever in town while TP's spinning you may even catch an in-store
performance. He has treated Iowa City very well over the years - home of his
only US residency outside of Detroit.

Tristan