Sabres and Force Tracks/Luomo meet on the new 'Hypercity' Force Tracks
compilation CD which Weatherall has mixed. Good stuff it is too, very
groovy, and Andy does the decent thing by letting the tracks run properly.
Out next month I think.

Just finished listening to the new Chris McCormack album 'There Is A Better
Way' on Potential (label owned by Ben Long of Space DJz) - jesus, what a
debut! Unbelievable range, superb production, brilliant and very varied
tracks (he even gets away with sampling seagulls, Randy Crawford and pan
pipes) and just bursting with confidence. Y'all MUST check it out when it
comes out at the end of May - satisfaction guaranteed.

TOM

> I'd say the comparison between Sabres of Paradise and BC/CR comes from the
> dub roots of both efforts. Look for Two Lone Swordsmen stuff (Weatherall
and
> Tenniswood) if you're into the Sabres (although it's substantially
different
> stuff).
>
> Make you sure you check out the rest of the Vladislav Delay output for
more
> on the ambient dubbed tip (sometimes he gets a bit noisy, mostly in his
> earlier work), his Luomo guise on Force Trax is sublime house unlike
> anything you've heard before. I am also very interested to hear his techno
> guise , Uusitallo (sp?), also on Force Trax. Anima, his most recent, is
> utterly beautiful.
>
> If you like your beats housey, and your dubbing minimal, check Perlon.
>
> If you like things to get a little more experimental check out Kompakte
and
> the affiliated labels. Isolee on Playhouse also gets a bit quirkier.
>
> Also makes sure to explore all the rest of the Basic Channel affiliates
like
> Rhythm & Sound, Main Street Records, DIN and a few others (it's early).
>
> If you're looking for Kit Clayton with a dance beat, Moles & Avacadoes on
> Background is my favorite of his releases.
>
> ...and last but not least, make sure to check out our own Christian Bloch
> and Todd Gys - these guys never seem to come up in these discussion, but
> they definitely fit squarely in this category. Some of their tracks are up
> at http://mp3.com/stations/313 and you can find Christian's work on
Tresor,