here's a list of at-home listening stuff I've been enjoying lately, some
old, some new.

Plaid - "Double Figure" (warp)
Mouse On Mars - "Idiology" (thrill jockey)
t-1000 - "Last DJ On Earth" (pure sonik)
"staedtizism 2" ~scape: compiled by Pole (~scape)
Kraftwerk "Expo Remix": Rolando, UR, Francois K, Orbital (emi)
Tino's Breaks Volume 5: "Dub" (dub-L) --and/or-- Jack Dangers "Hello
Friends" (shadow)
Wagon Christ - "Musipal" (ninja tune)
Floppy Sounds - "Short Term Memories" (wave)
The KLF - "Chill Out" (tvt)
Richie Hawtin/Pete Namlook - "From Within 3" (minus)
Bonobo - "Animal Magic" (tru thoughts)
LTJ Bukem - "Producer" (good looking)

regarding the recent thread on laptop use in live settings:
I just caught Chicks On Speed and Kid606 last night in SF. i've seen 606
three times now and it always strikes me as funny that people stare at him
while he sits in a chair looking at two apple Powerbooks and messing with a
Kaos Pad. i don't necessarily see anything wrong with artists using laptops
live, but i think people just want something to look at.
remember when techno was billed as a "faceless" music, when the music was
supposed to be more important than the DJ/producer?
ah, how times have changed.

cheers
tP