even if you don't 'dj' in the go out and do it places sense, there's every reason to not only have a tuntable at home, but to have 2 (or 3) tables, a mixer, etc at home. first of all, all the good techno is only on vinyl and that's just the way it is right now, plus learning to mix (even a little) gives the whole thing a different perspective. lots of tracks sound better when they are played with other tracks, and getting familiar with the music happens a lot more quickly when you are actually engaged in 'doing' something with it. ok, yes, listening to it is doing something with it.. let's avoid that thread. there's a lot of damn fun to be had by djing at home, for yourself, is my point.