on 4/27/01 6:27 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> If your in
> the line of music---I can understand it, and I guess
> if you say 95% of the music---I can now understand it,
> but maybe I just fit the stereotype of being lazy--I just like
> the Program option, the repeat option, clarity, etc....

I knew I'd end up dragging myself into this...
I don't buy the 95% estimate.  In my experience, many vinyl-only buyers
don't care to find out what's available on CD.  Sure, lots of labels never
release CDs, and I think that's a shame.  But if you actively seek out good
music, and are patient, you'll find a lot more is available than a quick run
through the CD bins would indicate.  What tends to never make it to CD is
the loop based, floor-filler bangers, which aren't good listening-room
material anyway.

For me, the inconvenience of vinyl outweighs any subjective sonic
superiority.

> 95%.....grrrrrrr, [EMAIL PROTECTED] I am gonna get one!

Good for you, honestly.   Just make sure you're getting one for the right
reasons.
--
There4IM