----- Original Message -----
From: "John Osselaer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2001 4:17 AM
Subject: [313] 313 stand on....

> Hi list,
>
> I've been wondering for a long while what you peepz think of the stuff
made
> by guys like Justin Berkovi, Neil Landstrumm, Tobias Schmidt, Subhead,
Dave
> Tarrida and the likes...
>
> I love most of that stuff and would rather spin that than looped techno.
>
> Any opinions on this strain of techno?

I love old Landstrumm from the Peacefrog days. Played some tonight. Since
then a lot of it has been "close but no cigar" for me. His contribution to
one of the New Electronica comps was quite nice and a good change of pace
though. The Blue Arsed Fly stuff was nice too. I don't think Russ
Gabrielle's "In The Bag" remix has ever strayed too far from my crate (not
that that really counts).

Berkovi Live @ I love Techno was rather bland I thought, or at least it took
a long, long time to get going - so long that I decided to check out one of
the other four stages. Haven't heard his records...

Tarrida is to Landstrumm/Vogel what Boo Williams is to Glenn Underground
IMO. Then again, I haven't given his recent output a fair shake - or Boo's
for that matter (a sick DJ though).

Excited to see Tobias Schmidt next weekend!

Dunno about Subhead.

Personally, I'd take Vogel over any of these guys though.

Tristan
http://ampcast.com/phonopsia <- Music
http://phonopsia.tripod.com <- Mixes, pics, thought, travelogue & info
http://www.metatrackstudios.com