From: Carissa Tintinalli [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 10:09 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: [313] did richie's mom write this?

The letter was originally printed in the Letters to the Editor section
of the Windsor Star. I think she wrote it in response to an
anti-rave/electronic music rampage a local politician was on as well as
the incident with Rich's party.

The politician, MPP Sandra Pupatello, proposed an anti-rave bill in
parliament (which fizzled and died quickly). Her and her staff also at
one point told the owner of a club I was working for here in Windsor
that

"We have no problem with dancing. It's the music. It makes people do
drugs and has subliminal messages in it."

End quote. No lie.