"Davey Jones Locker", by meaning bottom of the sea as final rest for people
who find their last home in the sea goes towards all the Drexciyan
mithology. Drexciya define a whole topology under water the same way that
topology is defined in outer space by UR/Red Planet.
It is part of the same tendency of *ANY* culture to create a superior
existence, either it be "Zion" for Rastafarianism, "Africa" for the
descendants of the Black Atlantic, "Aztlan" (get it?) for Aztecs, or
"Heaven" for judaism/christianism, somewaht the same as a spatial Nirvana.
Drexciya simply present themselves as an aquatic assault unit, invisible
like UR - Space is the Palce, but not necessarily "Space".
Being underwater is the same as being in outer space, detachment from a
culture that considers them aliens, mutant electrofreaks living in an
aquatic distopia, reflecting complete alienation from "traditional"
instruments, pure mutant electronics at the time where the human stops using
the machine to simulate traditional sounds but synthethises mutations by
him/itself. Detachment is the word for Drexciya.
someone may remember an interview by someone (90% sure it was Banks') that
said that the Drexciya guys were stopped from entering a club that was
playing their music. How alienated can you go?

If someone finds that text, I'd appreciate a copy of it. Can't realy
remember

---> You are thinking about an e-mail by Mike dating back to August 3th 1995 in a reaction to someone questioning UR`s tactics.

Begin quote: `.....I cannot tell you how many times me and my crew were denied entrance to a party because there were too many Black and Mexican scary guys or gang members at the door!! Unfortunately one of the guys from Drexciya was with us that night and it was a night he never forgot. Let me tell you prejudice hurts especially when it`s associated with the music you love and the city you were raised in. It is for this reason UR is in war with the programmers....` End of quote

J, saving you the research, out

P.S. I only have a print out of that now. Hit me back on the 6th of June (when I`m back home) if you want the full version. I`m sure others will have it though.

Lay
"Unconditional Empowerment"
http://barkingcat.org/counterforce