I was not a "tech-head" by any means when I used to hear mills on JLB, but I do remember a few occasions of "Art of Stalking", (as well as other early transmat stuff - like "Icon", and "Groove"), and I remember some metroplex stuff. I have a few mixtapes of his from around 95 or so, and they are quite heavily populated with the Detroit stuff from that time - UR 1 and 2, Lots and Lots of Axis, Beltram's "energy flash", and some 430 west (octave one) that I can't remember the titles of.

Cheers,
Dennis

From: "jim proffit" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: [313] DJ obsessions
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 14:48:50

Jayson:
so what's with john's obsession with playing headhunter from front242?

george.jones:

Probably something similar to Derrick May's obsession with "French >Kiss"
by Lil' Louis.

Oh, he has an obsession for that? He should make a RMX of it, that would be
something:) What else he plays to death?

I understand "I feel love" was one of the classics the Detroit boyzz spinned
quite a lot...
I don't know that many Detroit OLD SCHOOL CLASSICS (and I mean classics)
that the DJs pumped. What older Disco/R'n'B/Soul/Italo they played in the
80's???

The Chicago guys' all time classics I know so very well:

Pam Todd-Let's make some love
Diana Ross-Love hangover
Liasons dangereuses-Los ninos del parque
Bumblebee unlimited-Lady bug/Love bug/Everybody dance...etc...
Trussel-Love injection
Billy Frazier-Billy who?
Don Armando's Rhumba band-Deputy of love
Salsoul orchestra-You're just the right size/Chicago bus stop...etc...

-plus too many Philly records, early italos, unknows and others to list...
But what about Detroit? What were THE tracks Mills for example played
everytime?

-Proffit