Don't get me wrong here. "Nude Photo" is definitly a classic. I just like
other tracks a whole lot more.

David Bate <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>@renegaderhythms.com> on 05/31/2001
10:27:52 AM

Sent by:  "David Bate" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To:   George Jones/US/ABNAMRO/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:   313@hyperreal.org
Subject:  Re: [313] More DJ obsessions

"Corny" or "Classic"
it's all a matter of perspective ...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Right before I really started listening to house and techno (1987-1988) I
> remember getting frustrated with "The Wizard" a lot because he, as well
as
> a dj on 107.5, used to play 1 particular track that I simply couldn't
stand
> back then. Almost every one of my remaining Wizard tapes has it on there
> and I would debate with myself whether or not to stop the recorder when
it
> came on.
>
> It was Derrick May's "Nude Photo".
>
> I didn't like it back then 'cause it reminded me of the presets from my
old
> Casio VL1 calculator/keyboard. It sounded corny as hell, but everyone
> played it to death. I tolerate it more today than back then... It still
> sounds corny.
>
> Another track (and my #2 all time favorite) that damned near every
Detroit