Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 00:45:51 -0400To:
<313@hyperreal.org>
From: "Dennis DeSantis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [313] Gear for Live PAs?
I'm sorry if this is too "techy" for this list, but
I'd be interested to
hear from the producers out there who do live PAs
about what type of gear
makes up your performance rigs.
The stumbling block for me is whether or not to go
with some type of
dedicated hardware setup (MPC, sampler, mixers) or a
laptop.
My studio is PC based, so it'd be nice to stay in the
PC realm, although
Macs seem to be more popular for performance use.  I'm
terrified of an
onstage crash.
Stewart Walker has an hour long live set in mp3 format
available on his
website that's KILLER.  That type of seamless, layered
approach would be
perfect for the type of music I'm doing.Any
thoughts?Dennis DeSantis
www.mp3.com/vanderrohe