this letter could be addressed to any detroit radio station.  local
bands here are phenomenal, and trudge on despite the lack of love from
commercial radio & the dailies.  those of you familiar with just the
electronic output from detroit, let me say that the astonishing depth &
breadth of talent exhibited there can be found in all genres of music.  in
fact, it really is one of the biggest reasons i stay in this city.  rock,
hiphop, blues, folk, funk, jazz, techno - they are all ignored by radio
(umm,
89x's homeboy show, what?).  wdet plays some stuff - but why does their
'electronic' show (you all know who i'm talkin about, mr. "last name a brass
instrument") continually ignore its own city?  (**liz c & w kim
heron being pleasantly notable exceptions**)

i dunno, it's probably like that everywhere.

but it's good for me - any night i want to go out, i can choose from a
baskin-robbins-like array of sonic goodies for a nominal fee, usually.

oh yeah, everyone should try to make it down to the gold dollar before it
closes its doors on the 18th - always a home for experimental music of all
kinds.  cheers to neil yee.

kelli

ps - lester, sadly accurate quote in the metrotimes!