Just got back from DJ Bone/Steve Stoll/8fatfat8 show (Minneapolis).
Short review...8fatfat8 were great for the time I heard them (about 20minutes), playing deep funky house grooves. If you ever get a chance to see them do so. The short amount of music I heard from them was fantastic. Steve Stoll was Steve Stoll...I've had my share of DJs spinning this kind of hard techno and I swear that I have a tape with either Heiko Laux or Sven Vath that has practically all the same tunes he played. Thumping but not really inspiring. DJ Bone put me back at DEMF. Dropped a handful or two of Detroit classics (Good Life Carl Craig Remix, Jaguar, Paperclip People, and more but I'm forgetting everything right now...a bit tired) and satisfying selection of electro mixed in. One track that he played had a vocal that went (paraphrasing) "get up get up get up....sit your ass back down." Very funky sh*t...it had some serious bump to it. Anyone know this tune? Thanks.

MEK

PS the venue was excellent...old brick theatre that looks decrepid but in reality is functioning, with the stage converted to a dance floor. All the stage lighting system was utilized and their were performers up in the arches. If I find photos somewhere I will fwd them to the list.