well.

I think that there are connections among all of the work by these artists on
techno.

Techno is nothing but more synthesized sounding house with more abstract
sounding concepts. There is dub in there, R & B, funk, disco and whatever
else. Another branch on the Black music tree that gets its roots in gospel.

The techno folks may or may not know about Wonder's studio work or Lee Perry
but the similarities are there. It's like serendipidity. But in anything I've
read they always cite P-Funk, Italo Disco and Kraftwerk.

Kraftwerk loves James Brown. P-Funk comes from Brown, Hendrix, gospel, R & B.
Italo  disco gets some of its imperatives from r & b and dub.

I think when it comes to something like music, it's hard to pinpoint to one
place. These artists listen to so much and the people they listen to have
their influences.

I don't even know what if anything radio would have to do with it.

A lot of the electro pop from Europe the techno artists like comes from its
own place.

for example, I recently learned that "Alleys of Your Mind" is just "Dr. No"
by Ultravox and what were they into?? It sounds like funk to me as one source.

I think Prince is just one more person these artists like.

Five