Micro House is another one of those great Wired terms, defined as a cross
between the glitch, noise shaping, field recordings, and general ambience that
is usually termed as 'microsound', and minimal house.  This has already been
termed 'glitch' by the many, long before the Wired dinosaur came along and
tried to further pigeonhole what has become probably the most pigeonholed genre
of music there is thus far: techno.

Dan Bell's Tresor release only touches the surface of this genre, and Herberts
wonky mix on Tresor works more with booty and straight up techno than with
glitch.  A good primer would be Mille Plateaux's "Clicks & Cuts Vol.2" which
many microsounders hate as it is the definitive forming of micro-house,
something they thrive to stay away from.  More unmixed material would be
Gramm 'Personal Rock' on Source, Jan Jelinek 'Loop Finding Jazz Records' on
Source, anything by Farben (who is Jan Jelinek and Gramm).  Peter F. Spiess
makes good with his interpretation on his last album for Klang called 'Crystal
Polymorph'.  Auch (Eckhard Ehlers) takes his microsounds and applies them to
the minimal 4/4 on his album 'Kiss Tommorow Goodbye' on Force, and the
remixes 'Remix Tommorow Goodbye' with remixes by Sutekh, Marz, Farben and
others portrays many sides of glitch ranging from beautiful jazzy glitch
(farben), dark moving glitch (sutekh) and crazy grinding glitch (marz).  Auch
also has many other releases on AudioNL, and Force.

On the west coast the San Fran explosion that brought us Tejada, also brought
us Kit Clayton, Sutekh, Twerk and Safety Scissors, all purveyors of glitch and
I might add all mighty fine artists in their own respect.

Canada too is up on glitch, there's a tonne of stuff pouring out of Montreal
right now (the new Force/Mille Plateaux/Position Chrome office is there now).
Jetone from Montreal's new album Ultramarine is out, and receiving great
reviews.  Check the force inc. site www.force-inc.net

good mixes in the vein of microhouse; I believe there is a farben set on
www.dublab.com (check out the burnt freidman mix on the same show, excellent
stuff).  dublab put out a great cd earlier this year, so many good tracks, well
worth the money to help support them.  Also check out anything put out on plug
research of late "voices in my lunchbox" or "intermissions are both really good
cd's.  Ricardo Villalobos also just put out a mix cd called "Love Family Trax"
it's not as good as seeing him and Martin bang it out live, but its certainly
up there.

I could go on for hours, I've been playing this stuff for years, its not new,
its just got a new name :)

Cheers
todd