----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2002 6:31 AM
Subject: Re: [313] Track ID

> Actually I should have checked the address Fabrice posted before I posted
> myself - Loads of Classic releases available to buy. Thanks for that :o)
>
> BTW, it is indeed called "Shhh" by Oneiro (Carter pseudonem - Well I never
> knew that! )

Oniero was one of his first pseudonyms, along with Sound Patrol. The early
Oniero material from '93-94ish were pretty undeveloped IMHO, especially
compared to the Sound Patrol and Red Nail releases from the same time
(although they were all a bit spotty I guess). Chris Nazuka's influence on
that duo has always been understated from what I can tell, although I guess
I don't really know what went on in that studio... When I saw Miles Maeda
speak in DC a few months ago, he revealed that "Te Opus Diem", originally
released on Header then re-released on Bombay, was a production that he and
Derrick Carter came up with (he said Mark Farina may have had a hand in it
too??? - Memory is foggy), then they sat on it for a few years and the only
copy was rescued from a tape backup for inclusion on the Header compilation.
That song is only credited to Derrick Carter and Chris Nazuka. I guess it's
a reminder that the crediting on the label isn't always a true indication of
what went on in the studio. From what he was saying, Mark Farina, Derrick
Carter, Chris Nazuka and a Chicago hip hop DJ all shared a loft at the time.
Can you say "creative nexus"? He also shared that the Red Nail pseudonym was
their phone number at the loft at the time. That's always perplexed me. :)

Back to the track ID, I'm not sure if this was a re-release or not. I'm
having trouble getting the Real Audio to forward to the 15 minute mark.

Tristan
http://www.mp313.com <- Music
http://www.metrotechno.com <- DC techno + more
http://www.metatrackstudios.com <- DC DJ/Production studios