Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:38:28 -0500
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], 313@hyperreal.org
From: "Mike Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [313] educating the kiddies

You listen to Computerworld by Kraftwerk, which to me is the best Techno
album that has ever been made, and compare it to James Brown. You are going
to find a ton of similarities, and the reason is that Kraftwerk were real
musicians(not jokers with a hacked copy of Acid) and they knew how James
Brown songs worked and could write those grooves on sequencers. All
Computerworld is is a James Brown record made with sequencers and they
talked about international finance rather than how Poppa was a bad ass dude.

Techno is supposed to be warm and funky, it is not supposed to be the kind
of shit that is so hard and fast that the only thing you can do is wave your
fist in the air and scream. You gotta give it up to Mills, because the man
is absolutely on point, Techno is not going to be that Wrath Of The Punisher
stuff, it is going to be Every Dog Has It's Day.

When he goes into those pop clubs and tears shit up, it is going to
completely change the audience for techno in the UK. All those kids who are
'avin it with trance and going to have a musical revelation when Mills goes
in there and shows them how it is supposed to be done. I genuinely believe
that the direction of techno going to change when after he plays those
clubs. The UK press will be eating out of his hands, and the rest of the
world follows the UK press.

Take care,
mt