Alex Bond wrote:

>Going back to those questions;
>
>'Why do UR call themselves soldiers?'
>
>Don't know, Is it part of a marketing ploy?
>I always thought they trod a fine-line between truths and stories which
>help their image.
>
>What do other people think??

In the words of Mike himself, when a similar question was asked in '95:
http://music.hyperreal.org/library/publicity/underground_resistance/mad_mike_speaks

Also very relevant IMO in regards to the recent Jeff Mills discussion about whether/how to progress with techno.

Otto
This email from Underground Resistance's Mad Mike appeared on the 313 list: