1/31/2002 9:17:31 PM, "Lee Herrington" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   hey folks.  a couple of days ago i was listening to "atlantis[i need
>you]" by ltj bukem.  i realized after a few moments that one of the main
>hooks in the track is a sped up sample from "surkit" by reel by real....  it
>sounds like an electric piano riff.  i am curious if others can mention
>tracks [not necessarily considered detroit techno] that contain classic 313
>samples.  on second thought, perhaps the piano sample in "surkit" is from an
>earlier tune.

Actually, here (from bassquake):

"Atlantis (I Need You) (L.T.J. Bukem remix)
Apollo Two
(Good Looking 1992)
This one kicks off the old skool set which I stuck up here a while ago, but I
wanted to give you all the chance to hear the entire track as it really is
something. After that initial
classic hook (which is actually sampled from an old techno record by Juan
Atkins), we go right into deep drum 'n' bass territory, with Bukem's lovely
laid back string arrangements
and sparse use of female lyrics in effect, eventually plummeting us right back
into that cosmic riff near the very end of the tune. The original mix is
featured on the flip side too,
and is something of an early breakbeaty tek-house offering. "Ok, let's take it
slow and easy going in!""

Ian Scott aka DJ Entropy                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   (bhpc, cheesestep rec., n.e. hardcore, raverporn.net, neverworld, boston)
         http://www.djentropy.com        http://www.ne-hardcore.com
    Upcoming gigs: http://www.warblevx.net/djentropy/upcominggigs.html
                   "There is no ONE right way to live" - Daniel Quinn
       Turnover rate is inversely proportional to depth and innovation by
promoters.
    "Educate the narrow minds, they see what they want to see.  Educate the
 narrow minds, they feel what they want to feel." - Narra Mine - Genacide II