Nobody is denying the fact that Black artists like Juan or Stacey
have had a raw deal when it comes to gaining anything like widespread
commercial acceptance with their particular brand of techno--you're
preaching to the converted there, I'm afraid. Going unrecognized in one's
homeland is part of the price all artists whose work proves ahead of its
time must pay, like it or not. At least we support their cause by buying
their material & turning people on to it whenever possible. In terms of true
activism & the creation of what Pullen calls "thinking machines," impassioned
music will always speak louder than impassioned words.

Venting one's spleen in a self-righteous attempt to blame the woes of some
Black techno artists _solely_ on race can appear a little reductive & has
caused a few firestorms on the list (mea culpa!) You may choose to disagree,
but things are usually vastly more complex than they appear on the surface, &
over-simplified arguments (beguiling as they may be), are often alienating
to others and the kiss of death to (constructive) dialogue.

Please respond off-list if you feel you must.

Keep the faith, spread the sounds,

Wes