Luna wrote:

> What I remember most about the article, and what shocked
> me the most was that Atkins was upset about the fact that
> white kids shopping in his record store were buying techno
> but the black kids were buying the ghetto-tech, booty stuff.

The main issue at stake here is *not* white kids buying techno. It's the
black kids *not* buying techno. I'm pretty sure that's the reason for
him being upset, because other Detroit artists have made similar
comments at one point or another. I think to him, techno is a
fundamentally black type of music (which doesn't preclude white people
from buying it!), but when that doesn't get appreciated by 'your'
people, I think I'd be upset too.

Otto