----- Original Message -----
From: "Mann, Ravinder [CCS]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'313'" <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 3:35 AM
Subject: [313] Elements Of Jazz CD

> Just found this CD in the Sale at the local store for a mere £3.99.
> mostly early tracks from r&s, transmat, djax, peacefrog
>
> Elements Of Jazz -
>          01 3Mb Ft Juan Atkins - Jazz Is The Teacher
>          02 Men In Black - Corcavado
>          03 Patrick Pulsinger - Citylights Part 2
>          05 Dan Curtin - Out Of Sight & Mind
>          05 K Alexi - Jazz
>          06 St Vitus Dance - Mystic Vibrations
>          07 Dave Angel - Lagoon
>          08 Bango (Stacey Pullen) - Sphinx
>          09 Integrity - The Way I Live
>          10 Glen Underground - Tech-Na-Logie
>          11 Vango Noir - On The Sly
>
> It was on Kickin' Records from 1996 KICK CD41. Anyone know
> if this label is still around....If so a biblio pls.

Kickin' records started out doing a lot of "rave" compilations in the early
'90s AFAIK. At the time, that was the only "techno" I knew, so I was quite
pleased with them. When I saw this CD on Kickin' in '96 I was really
surprised b/c it was clearly targeted to a Detroit audience. I suspect the
remainder of the catalogue is not so much what you're looking for, but I
could be completely wrong.

Tristan
http://www.mp313.com <- Music
http://www.metrotechno.net <- DC techno + more