[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

"Just wanted to hear about Black artists and their influence on the music
..."

'What about Europe?'

... Do check out Colin McBean - AKA 'G Flame'. (sometimes with a 'Mr G')
also uses the 'Halcyon Daze' alias.

... he of course, with Francisco Feirrera (who was once Derrick May's
engineer) made up the other half of The Advent - which I now understand is
solely Cisco ... certainly on the Time Trap Technik LP out last year.

G Flame & Mr G work appeared first in about 1996 ... Mr G is widely held to
be FF.

Mr G's work differs in it's retracing more toward house than the
ultra-modern sheen of The Advent (Also check Soul Destroyaz on Synewave if
you prefer the Advent's strain.).  Mr G's material is housier, more
conventionally funky. There are snatches of strings, vocals - but the beats
are always a lot more subtle if one scratches below the surface. It does
sound quite Lo-fi though.

A very rough Mr G discography which is also totally subjective & therefore
virtually useless save for background info  is ... ;O)

1. Tell Him (1999) (With G Flame) Phoenix G
3. Lites        (2000) (With G Flame) (Phoenix G
2. Flight Of the Phoenix Double Pack (2000) (With G Flame) Phoenix G
3. Change EP (Feat. Take My Back - which I would particularly recommend)
(2000) Cargo? - Anyway, released in NY
3. Wot, Eh, Pardon? (Christmas 2000 Ltd release) Phoenix G
2. Beatz For Yo Mind/Take A Toke (2001) Phoenix G
3. Gs Strings/Walk Through         (2001) Duty Free

>From reading the odd rare interview of Colin McBean, I think anyone who
tried to refer to him as a 'black Techno artist' would get short shrift
though ...