From: Odeluga, Ken [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 15 February 2002 08:34
To: Tim Maughan; [EMAIL PROTECTED] Org
Subject: [313] Liberators

>> 'for those that don't know, the liberator DJs are part of London's
>> "underground" rance scene. they once did a mix CD called "its not from
>> Detroit and its not intelligent but its f*cking banging".
>>
>> i think that says it all really.' -Eric Scuccimarra

Me, I actually LIKE the Liberators! They know how to rock a crowd and keep a
positive vibe going. It's true, it's not brain food (mostly - I heard
'Moonraker' by the Foremost Poets first dropped by them - the original mix)
but it's damned good fun!  Most importantly, they've still got this idea
about dance being something like a unifying and catalytic social force.
(Naive, I agree, but I'm a sucker for sincere idealists and triers). And
underpinning the compilations of medieval acid, is always a push to get
people involved in their environments and take control of their lives -
usually politically.

Sound familiar, Detroit?

I had a laugh recently when I read a track title on one of Chris' latest
mixes 'Hackney Council Are A Bunch of C*nts'! I think the Nuclear Free Zone
parties are still running at 414 (Brixton)... I'd recommend them.