From: "Michael D Tyrer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "313 Detroit" <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 2:00 AM
Subject: [313] Liberators

I have much respect for the Liberators:

The first club night I attempted to promote was in London in early 1996.
I had Dave Clark and Chris Liberator as the two guests for the night.
We had about 120 paying customers turn up - that's all.

When Chris came in he refused to take any money and still played his whole
set.
Clarky boy who was already on the decks sent his missus to speak to me and
offered to play a 1-1/2hr set for £550 instead of the original 2hrs for
£750.  Chris also filled in his extra half-hour.

Some months later when my finances had improved I came upon Chris at a squat
party and offered him some dosh to make up for the let down previously.  He
absolutely refused to take any money.  The most he would let me give him was
a can of Stella.....

Interestingly enough - I had Tanith booked for the 3rd night and after
demanding 5* hotel, chauffeured car from airport he failed to turn up and
called the chauffeur at the airport half and hour after his flight landed to
say he had locked his record box in the boot of his car and couldnt open it.
I was pissed off to say the least.  I demanded he repay the deposit I'd paid
his agents, and refund the cost of the chauffeur and hotel.  I then heard
that my name was all over the German techno press as disreputable c*nt who
no one should deal with.

For what its worth, Ben Sims stood in to play that night.  It was the first
time he had ever played in a 'commercial club'.  The wheel obviously came
full circle when he started recording for Tresor.

(ps - im not a disreputable c....., I think i;m fairly honourable ...)