Well,it actually sounds interesting - may not be any good but it'll be
interesting. I'm game for it when they come to Minneapolis. The interactive
lighting sounds the most promising but what's with these alter egos for
Sasha and Digweed? Are their egos so big that they gotta have other ones?
Is this like what Garth Brooks did with his "Chris Gaines" persona? Are
these guys in serious need of some psychoanalysis? After reading this I
don't know which is a better comparison: Cirque du Soleil or Rick Wakeman's
"The Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table".
The only thing missing is performers on ice skates. Hey that sounds like a
great idea for Otto and the TT's performance at DEMF 2002! They could
perform "Black (Frozen) Water".

MEK

                      Samuel Hobbs

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       313@hyperreal.org

                      oo.com>                  cc:

                                               Subject:  [313] IT'S ABOUT
TIME!!!
                      02/28/02 12:17 PM

Finally Detroit will be privy to the dj wizardry and production prowess
that is Sasha and Digweed!!!   Now I can die a happy man!!!
  motordetroit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Motor Productions presents-
DELTA HEAVY Sasha & Digweed on tour  wsg: Jimmy Van M. www.deltaheavy.com
Saturday  April 6th Michigan State Fairgrounds Limited pre-sale only $25
Tickets go on-sale Wednesday March 6th at 10am www.ticketmaster.com
248.645.6666 all Ticketmaster outlets and Recordtime Ferndale/Roseville (no
service charge)   press release: Something wicked this way comes

Nothing you do will prepare you for it. Make no mistake, Sasha and John
Digweed¹s Delta Heavy Spring 2002 Tour will be the most unforgettable,
surreal DJ event to ever hit America. The DJ experience can and should be
more, and they couldn¹t be happier about raising the bar.

Pioneers of DJ culture, Sasha and John Digweed are once again planting the
seeds of change with the Delta Heavy Spring 2002 Tour. This time, they
aren¹t simply bringing their amazing music, but an entire arsenal,
including devastating sound provided by the amazing Phazon Sound System,
their own specially designed visuals provided by Imaginary Forces, plus
interactive lighting that will respond to both the crowd and music. Each
venue installation will be built from scratch and the production values
will set a technological benchmark for DJs and herald the definitive S&D
experience.

The Delta Heavy Spring 2002 Tour isn¹t just different, it¹s a revolution a
reinvention of the DJ experience.

The Delta Heavy Spring 2002 Tour is being produced by Kevin Lyman,
President of Immortal Records Touring and Events, who produced the Warped
Tour and worked in conjunction on the Lollapalooza tours. Kevin now brings
his expertise to the world of electronic music. "It¹s a new challenge to
bring the creativity of electronic music to a multitude of diverse venues"
says Kevin. "It¹s also an honor to work on the first Delta Heavy, because
it¹s a long term project. Hopefully, the Delta Heavy name will become
synonymous with quality".

While the magnitude of the Delta Heavy Spring 2002 Tour¹s scale of
production will elevate it into the consciousness alongside shows put on by
Radiohead, Nine Inch Nails, U2 and Jane¹s Addiction, the DJ duo are
determined to not only make the events special, but also personal.

"Since we¹ve did our first tour in OE96, we¹ve watched the American scene
grow and hopefully we¹ve grown with it," says John and Sasha. "The Delta
Heavy tour gives us an opportunity to play in cities we¹ve never played in
before and bring something special to each and every event."

Helping spread the message is Imaginary Forces. Visionaries behind the
mesmerizing opening credit sequence in the film Seven, among many other
high profile projects, Imaginary Forces aren¹t simply providing the visuals
for each event, but are leading a national campaign to establish an entire
aesthetic. Karin Fong, creative director of Imaginary Forces says, "For us,
developing the Delta Heavy experience means creating the story and look for
their entire identity. Delta Heavy represents a OElost civilization¹ that
has a past, present and future. Using a tribal theme, we¹ve designed
alter-egos for Sasha and John and are expanding the family of characters to
include Jimmy Van M. Between all of us we are developing a concept as
strong as the music, creating a world with both a sense of mystery and a
sense of humor. We are experimenting with ways of connecting with an
audience regardless of whether they are at the gig or reading about us in
the media."

Co-conspirator to the Delta Heavy Spring 2002 Tour is New York¹s Jimmy Van
M. Not only did he help develop the Delta Heavy concept, as the opening DJ,
he is the master of ceremonies, setting the mood for each event. "Together
with Sasha and John, we will use Delta Heavy to provide future support to
the artists, DJs and music we believe in," he says. Like their music, with
the Delta Heavy Spring 2002 Tour, Sasha and John Digweed are pushing out
the boundaries of perception and imagination. It will be the event by which
all other DJevents are judged.