On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Alexandres Lugo wrote:

> The kind folks at Submerge were contacted this morning concerning a post on
> their web site forum concerning Josh. Someone at Ovum threatened them with a
> defamation of character suit due to a not so nice post about Josh on their
> forum. They were asked to remove the post from their site.

If the message was not posted by people at Sumberge (forum admin crew) I
don't think Ovum has much of a chance of winning a possible defamation
lawsuit against them.

As they have written down in their Privacy Statement:
"Postings
 The board administrator(s) cannot be held responsible for the content of
 posted messages on the forums.""

Maybe people should start making a similar disclaimer to the records as
well: "The producer(s) of this record cannot be held responsible for
listener(s) ability of perceiving similarities with other record(s)." ;)

 Jussi Lehtonen     [EMAIL PROTECTED]     www.netppl.fi/~sandman

  "Do not allow yourself to be programmed.
   For once, in your life, take control. Take control." - UR