> The kind folks at Submerge were contacted this morning concerning a post
on
> their web site forum concerning Josh. Someone at Ovum threatened them with
> defamation of character suit due to a not so nice post about Josh on their
> forum. They were asked to remove the post from their site. This character
> also told the forum admin that they are going to sue Dan Bell for
defamation
> as well.....I wish this was a joke....

I'm not really surprised by any of this. My legal backgrund is (thankfully!)
a distant memory now, so I'm not up on the latest case law, but I do know
that you need to tread carefully with this kind of thing.
That's kind if what I was getting at yesterday. IMO, Dan Bell has a strong
case to sue for copyright infringement over the "Superfreak" track and
that's what he should have done. I can understand that he feels bitter about
a sequence of events with Josh Wink and feels that he's been ripped of in
the past, but the fact is that comparisons of other tracks like "Don't
laugh" with "Losing Control" simply would not stand up in court.
What's happening now is that other people are putting themselves in a
compromising postion, legally, by hosting potentially defamatory comments
and copyrighted material on their severs in an attempy to support Dan, and
it sounds like Ovum are getting ready to strike the first (legal) blow. I
just really think he's gone about this the wrong way...

Sean.