Haven't read all the last thousand posts about this but I will say, if it
hasn't been said yet, for all those punters/fans/prospective travellers who
found it impossible to be present at the press conference and are planning
their trips according to who is on the list - I'd have to say that posting
the list, as it was posted, prematurely or not, was HIGHLY irresponsible.
Why? Because the DEMF website, for many, is the only way for people to find
out who is playing and who is not. Someone sees that Kevin Saunderson is
going to be playing, and they have waited 12 years (hypothetically) to see
Mr. Saunderson, they book their plane ticket, get a hotel room, etc. and
then find out the he refused to play and maybe (hypothetically) won't even
be anywhere near Detroit that weekend. Wow, thanks PCM.

MEK

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      net>                     To:       Catherine Eberhardt
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                               cc:       <313@hyperreal.org>

                      04/12/02 06:28 PM        Subject:  RE: [313] DEMF
schedule

actually, i was just at the press conference and none of the 'missing' djs
were mentioned at all. i suspect pcm was a little pre-mature in posting
names that they didn't have locked-down. typical sketchyness.