>Dave Angel

Hasn't he had trouble with acquiring visas in the past because of his
criminal record? And I don't mean his recent vinyl releases.

MEK

                      Fred Heutte

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       <313@hyperreal.org>

                      ta.com>                  cc:

                                               Subject:  [313] DEMF: the
mysterious schedule
                      04/12/02 06:46 PM

I am pleased enough overall with the artist lineup ... and glad that
Dwayne Jensen and Gary Martin are going to get some overdue recognition.
Steve Rachmad, Dave Angel -- excellent.  And I'm really happy that Art
Payne, who is truly one of the founders of the dance music scene in
Detroit, will finally get a spot.

The schedule is something of a mystery, though.  In addition to all the
disappearing acts -- Drexciya, Rob Hood, etc. -- I just don't understand
the logic at times.

Some is just typos -- they have DJ Drama (hah, if you have a name like
that you get grief you deserve :) and Tim Baker both at 10 pm at CPOP
on Saturday.  There are big gaps in the Motor stage Sunday schedule --
is that because of some of the withdrawals?

And how about this: Roy Davis Jnr, Green Velvet and AO -- at 12, 2 and
3:30 on Monday??!  And I presume the Advent isn't going to be on for
four hours Monday evening.

I can't help but think that there *was* an organized effort to protest
PCM's management and have a coordinated withdrawal.  But this also puts
really good people on the selection committee in a tough spot.

There are still a few DJs and producers that ought to get a DEMF invite,
if not this year then next, including Reggie Dokes, Damon Wild and Steve
Stoll (just off the top of my head).  I also think an invite to DJ Pierre
in the "Hall of Fame" category is well overdue.

There also seems to be very little UR/Submerge presence in the lineup
this year.  Certainly that is something to be concerned about.

Fred