Alex Bond:

That Tim Barr used to be the editor? of a magazine in England, the name of
it escapes me, but the reason I remember is because my mate wrote a very
long article on Robert Hood for it and shortly after they went bust, and I
don't think he ever got paid for it. He was an excellent journalist though,
if only because there were only a couple of people in England at the time
(Magic Feet was just starting too) pushing some of the "2nd/3rd wave"
Detroit guys into the media, and he was probably the most high profile guy,
so therefore his articles were always a couple of pages long, and, of
course I was fascinated to read anything about anyone from Detroit.

is Generator the magazine you mention? it's shame that one went belly-up... aside from your mate not getting paid, as you say Generator used to give a pretty decent amount of coverage to techno, and Detroit techno in particular.

rob