From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 12:43 PM
To: Hugo Sweet
Cc: 313 (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [313] Re: Back to the Future and the Electro "revival"

"Techno is strangling itself with its own provincial rulebook," said Mr.
Miller of Adult. "People have finally grown tired of this. Electro has no
real sense of rules, and thus there is a lot of excitement, innovation and
creativity."

Sure - that's why all the new "electro" acts sound like either
Fischerspooner or Miss Kitten and the Hacker. As Rik once said on the Young
Ones - "We're all so decadent!"

MEK

                      Hugo Sweet

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       "313 (E-mail)"
<313@hyperreal.org>
                      tles.co.nz>              cc:

                                               Subject:  [313] Re: Back to
the Future and the Electro "revival"
                      05/05/02 07:54 PM

This article in the New York Times makes some interesting points about
fashion and music, electro versus techno, and about retro-futurism:

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/05/arts/music/05REYN.html?pagewanted=all

Here's a quote to fire things up:
"Techno is strangling itself with its own provincial rulebook," said Mr.
Miller of Adult. "People have finally grown tired of this. Electro has no
real sense of rules, and thus there is a lot of excitement, innovation and
creativity."

Hugo