"[Fischerspooner] likes to present itself as the vanguard of a "new
pretentiousness" movement." - NYT>
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/05/arts/music/05REYN.html?pagewanted=1

Dunno 'bout y'all but I've always done my best to avoid pretentiousness.
The fashionista sillyness surrounding the whole
Electro-clash/Techno-Pop/whatever-you-wanna-call-it scene is precisely what
bothers me about it...  While I enjoy a fair amount of the music being put
out,  *most* of the related parties I've been to here in NY have totally put
me off - people are just trying too hard to be stylish.  At it's best it can
be a bit of fun,  but for the most part it's just getting boring.  Members
Only jackets and Bon Jour jeans were never all that cool back in the 80s and
they haven't improved with age.

Just weighing in with my opinion....

m*not even gonna get into the problems I have with the article*;-)

NP - Creme De Menthe   Plastique   Disko B