From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 11:27 AM
Subject: [313] bob brown in urb

i discovered bob brown while i was living in philly...he's just
excellent both in
technical skill and personality...a friend just sent me this article
that came
out in urb about him last month...if you ever, ever get a chance to
catch him
live i would do so.....

                              -kathleen

                              VINYLADDICTS

                              Bob Brown

                              AGE: 25
                              HOME BASE: Philadelphia, PA
                              STYLE: Techno with soul
                              DJING HOW LONG: Almost 10 years
                              EQUIPTMENT: Three Technics 1200s, three
Electrix EQ killers and a Rane 2016 Rotary mixer. For production, I do
it all on my Apple Powerbook and my Yamaha NS-10Ms. FIRST PARTY DJED:
Something I put together at a teen club called Fascinations in my
hometown of Medina, OH. It was in 1992 when I was 16. This club was
normally all commercial, but I talked to the owner and he let me play
on a Friday. All 15 of my friends showed up. I finished with The
Smiths' "Panic." INFLUENCES: My earliest influences were industrial
guys like Alien Sex Fiend and Front 242. Then I heard 808 State's
"Cubik" -- still aggressive, but more user-friendly.Then I went
through a two-year phase where all I listened to was techno. Then I
stated listening to hip-hop, old house and acid house and experimental
noise like Zoviet France.