Hold everything. Forget about the antiseptic corporate "hip hop" that Wal-Mart and MTV would have you consume. Picture this scenario: four blood brothers from Detroit, rapping together since a young age, approach high-art electronic masterminds Nineteen Point Five Collective, it's CALLOWAY time.

From: "Ian Dinsmor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Cyborg K <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED], 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: [313] DEMF Update
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 22:24:04 -0400

I kind of missed the boat on this thread.

You cant forget the People's Movement. While not many outside of Detroit
will know who they are. Its a project headed by Detroit's own DJ Defiant,
who is one of the best underground hip hop DJ's in the city.
He is gathering a group of 40 local MC's and giving them time to shine on
the main stage at DEMF this year.

While JD & SV are great, there is much more to Detroit Hip Hop.

Check any of the Antidote releases and you'll know what I mean.