On Tue, 14 May 2002, :P wrote:

> can anyone tell me whats happened with this place?  they suddenly turned
> into a trance club... they really quit getting good techno talent really
> suddenly..  is there any other clubs in detroit that are picking up the
> slack?
>
> whats the atmosphere like at porter st?

I have no input about Motor, but my one experience at Porter St. (shake,
about a month ago) was great!  The sound system is nice, the atmosphere is
tasteful and good for dancing, and from the periodic updates i get about
their shows it seems like they're pretty seriously committed to bringing
in quality people.  I've definitely been wanting to go again since the
first time i went.

ben