the lineup is something that will always make some people unhappy.  i think
the panel was a good idea (much better than carol/pcm picking artists).

my problem with the whole thing is this:  if the festival is the *detroit
electronic music* festival, how come i can't walk into a tent and buy an
ersatz audio record?  and i have doubts about the integrity of someone who
claims to be a fan of the music and then uses it to help huge corporate
sponsors reach their market audience.  that should be a small part of the
festival, not the main focus. (no pun intended)

btw: does anyone know who the music retailer is down there this year?  i
know record time is not doing it.

ani