Yes, they were playing commercials on the big screens, mainly in-between
sets on the main stage, I think.  I didn't even think about the
contradiction between the repeated play of the Eminem commercial and his
lyrical "techno diss" until Jayson B pointed it out.

It also seemed to me like there was less diversity among the attendees this
year, compared to last year.  If Pop Culture Media was hoping to attract
mainly a "raver-type" of crowd, I think they got their wish.  One thing I
truly missed was RecordTime's absence at the festival this year.  Although I
did make time for a trip to Roseville this morning before returning home to
Indiana, it was nice to have the convenience of browsing through their tent
for vinyl goodies last year.  Among the things I didn't miss this year were
Ford Focuses and hailstones.

My vote for two worst booths at DEMF go to 93.1 DRQ and also to WDTJ.  I can
understand that the festival provides excellent exposure for both radio
stations, but DRQ's live mixshow broadcast (with "Lisa Lisa" I think it was)
Monday night featured about every song I've been sick of hearing for the
last two years.  Blech.  Even people in the remote regions of the U.P. have
heard Sandstorm and Kernkraft 400 about a dozen times by now.  WDTJ's sound
system was horrible.  I'm still looking in the manual for the part that says
if the volume's not loud enough, turn it up until it's distorted to the
point of being incomprehensible.

Oh yeah, and my favorite performance this year... Alan Oldham.  If for no
reason other than it was my first chance to see and hear him, and he was off
the hook. :)

Tired, semi-deaf, somewhat happy and presently off to the 1 hour photo to
get my pictures developed. :)

Matt
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web Site: http://www.magicmattkelly.com