I have SO many good memories from that place. I heard that it was closed or torn down or something sometime after I left the midwest (1997).

I remember going there in the middle of winter with those big space heater cannons... Waiting outside in the rain to get in while Carl Craig was playing live inside. Richie's parties, the Poorboys...

What a place...

At 07:32 PM 5/29/2002 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Spastik, the first ever Plastikman live show, was there.
...get everyone in, lock the gates, GO.
there's subsequently a track on Artifakts called 'Pakard'.

At 5:44 PM -0400 5/29/02, :P wrote:
wasnt that the venue for a couple plastikman PAs back in the 90s?

(I missed those times narrowly)

-Joe

----- Original Message -----
From: "Grammenos, Peter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 5:10 PM
Subject: [313] Packard Building (OT, kind of)

 Does anyone have any URL's that talk about the packard in Detroit? I am
 intrigued by this building and would like to know more. I couldn't find
 anything re: a google search. One of the rumors i heard over the weekend
was
 that someone just bought it because they heard it was being knocked
down...
 also if anyone has any pictures of old flyers from any UR parties they had
 there, that would be excellent.

 Thanks for any info,
 -Pete

 Peter Grammenos