> I can't speak for 93-95, but I remeber seeing Hawtin for the first time in
> 96 and being disturbed at how minimal it was. Being new to the music I
> found that boring. Of course, stating that anything was better back then
> is rather obvious.

yeah, with most developing scenes, younger = better about 90 percent of
the time :) i hate sounding so old and nostalgic, but sometimes can't help
myself.

also, regarding the older richie parties, i too was younger and knew
little about the music at the time- but his parties seemed more like a
musical rollercoaster back then, now they are a little closer to a musical
amtrack. but hey, thats my rather uneducated  opinion speaking on the
recent parties that I rarely attend, so i should probably shut up and go
back to reminiscing about the good old days or something :)