Greets,

> Still, what's to say that techno has to have "soul" or "funk" - why can't
we
> have some industrial sounding stuff?

Oh, there's nothing wrong with industrial at all, that's really what led me
to techno.  I think a lot of Fred Giannelli's work has an industrial feel to
it (in a very good way.)  It's the swedish sound that I'm growing tired of.

 I still expect something a little more than that from Hawtin though.  I
love hard techno, but it has had it's time and place.  I listened to nothing
else for several years, and I'm ready for something different. I realize
that this is my problem, and not Rich's.  I still think that it is
undeniable that Rich's Dj sets for the past for years have not really
changed in sound, despite the addition and use of several really cool toys.
The potential is there for sooooo much more.  Rich, being one that speaks of
shifting gears when he gets in a rut, I think could use a little
constructive criticism for getting stuck in one :-)

jim