From: The Deliverator [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 05 June 2002 16:22
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; 313@hyperreal.org
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; gilt
Subject: Re: [313] Does anyone compare to Hawtin?

Well,

After having missed only this Hawtin Party over the past 4 years I have to
say that the last Control left me feeling a little empty.  I love a loud
sound system just as much as anyone, but even wearing earplugs the entire
night my ears *still* rang for seven days afterwards.  1500 people jammed
into a club designed for 500 is really no fun either- no room left to boogie
without punching some poor guy behind you in the head :-)  Also, I'm really,
really, *really*, sick of City Club.  Expecting people to stand for 12 hours
is unrealistic, and sitting on the City Club floor leaves one literally
filthy. The other thing that bothers me a bit, is that at Integral, U, NYE
1999, and the +8 party at Saint Andrews, a lot of attention was put into the
physical environment- transforming it into something that it wasn't before.
The past series of parties at the City Club, the club has been left
essentially untouched.  I really don't like seeing the same old damn club
exactly the way it was when I was a goth kid at 18 years old.  It leaves
more than a little to be desired  Despite a couple of glorious moments at
Control I and Jak, I still feel that something very fundamental was missing-
what exactly that was I can't put my finger on.  I've been really hoping to
hear something deeper and funkier, more along the lines of de9:ce, but that
still hasn't happened.  I respect Hawtin as a producer and a DJ- it was
really his sets on 96.3 when I was a teenager that introduced me to Techno.
I've been a Hawtin freak for years, but nonetheless I have to say that I am
ready for something truly innovative from him, and I know that he has the
ability to do something completely off the wall compared to what he's been
doing.  What he doing is played out.  It's time to move on.

just my 666 cents

jim