On Wednesday, June 12, 2002, at 04:46  AM, Rc wrote:

virtually anything by simonetti (especially capricorn stuff)

I'm still hunting for good Simonetti. I have Sanremo Dance and it's really bad (although maybe it's one of those albums that will grow on you over time).

etc. there are so many of these....they get so little recognition also,
considering the influence they had on the development of house and techno

Influence is an understatement... so many of the tracks have been outright copied by some house and techno artists due to the fact that they aren't very well known (and weren't released) in North America.

problem is, you have to search through a lot of cheesy krap to find some
gold

Couldn't agree with you more on that one. Although, the line one draws between good and cheesy tends to shift a bit the more Italo you listen to... many people have strayed too far down that path and never come back again. ;)

Anyways, my current top 5:

Casco - Cybernetic Love (nice to see this getting the repress treatment)
Scotch - Penguin's Invasion (mislabeled vox version)
Roni Griffith - Spys
Expansives - Life With You
La Bionda - I Wanna Be Your Lover