As usual late to the party here, but I loved reading everyone's top 5's...
plenty in there that I'd never heard of.  but here's my top 5-10-whatever.  I'm
sure I've mis-spelled some of these

Alexander Robotnik - Problems d'Amour (used once in a Detroit WJLB TV
commercial!)
Scotch - Penguin Invasion
Lime - Angel Eyes (does that count?)
Kano - Holly Dolly (the blueprint for Shari Vari !!  also "I'm Ready")
Massimo Barsotti - Whole Lotta Love
Claudio Simonetti - College
Firefly - Love is Gonna Be On Your Side (thanks Otto)

and chicago WBMX favorites like:
Ris - Love N' Music
Gino Sioccio - I remember (and also "Dancer", more overtly disco)
Trilogy - Not Love
D'harma - Plastic Doll
My Mine - Hypnotic Tango (which Carl sampled for 69 'sound on sound')
Klein & MBO - Dirty Talk
Taffy - I love my radio (about as cheesey as they come, but somehow still
lovable)

peace