i'm late but this is still in my inbox so here's some favorite italo (not necessarilly a top 5, but up there) off the top of my head:

gary low - you are a danger
(edit out gary's vox but keep the girls'!...you a dangerrrr, you a strangerrrr..)

change - angel in my pocket
(only the first 1'30, which is like sinister tense kano...a bootleg edit vers needs to be done!)

gobliin - flashing
(more proto-techno than disco i think..taken from the tenebre soundtrack)

doctor's cat - feel the drive
(the single has a great instrumental version approaching moroder on the flip, plus the vox vers is great too)

automat - droid
(italo before italo was italo! covered umpteen times, and apparently appeared early on as the theme to a brazillian tv news show...nice!! the original still my favorite, so raw there is blood on the beats!)

and of course casco, charlie, kano, robotnick, scotch, etc are also way up in my tops as well!

jt